Monday 17 September 2012

5

The Pirates and Vikings have landed

pirates and vikings

Another two new fabrics have arrived and they're doozies. I almost missed getting my mitts on them as the manufacturer sold out almost immediately but luckily I was able to finagle them from another supplier.  Praise the Lord.

pirates full

First up are the Pirates.  This amazing fabric has a seascape scene of ships, whales, fish, treasure, parrots, octopi, sea monsters, bottles, and waves on a light turquoise background. It's a GOTS-certified organic cotton of amazing quality; those of you who have ordered Little Red, Robots, Summer Forest, or Appletree know what I'm talking about.

vikings

And maybe my all-time favourite fabric ever- Vikings!  This fantastic fabric has a riotous scene of Vikings going about their Viking business-- fishing beside their longboats, cooking at campfires, brandishing weapons, drinking from flagons. The background also includes mountains, trees, clouds and a smattering of raindrops.  Honestly, I was of half (or three-quarters, at the very least) of a mind not to tell anyone about this one and keep it all for my greedy self.

I know that I always say snatch them while they're hot, but I really mean it this time.  I'm don't think I'll be able to get these again unless they go to reprint!

5 comments:

  1. Oh my, the Vikings are perfect! Childhood memories of watching Vicky the Viking flooding in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that Viking fabric is to die for! If I knew what to make with it I would be having some of that!! Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you planning on doing jerseys and/or pants with these fabrics?! (pretty please do so!!) or just sell by the meter...

    ReplyDelete