Saturday 13 July 2013

1

Lady Skater Pattern Tour: Craftstorming

Today the Lady Skater Pattern Tour is traveling back to the UK to Laura from Craftstorming! This is particularly exciting as Laura is an elusive creature and photographic evidence of her existence is sparse. One of the things I really admire about Laura is her attention to detail, whether it's print matching over a seam (those penguins are matched not just horizontally but also vertically!), adding funky embellishments while sewing, or even baking treasures inside cakes and cookies.  You really need to check her her inspired series Sew Yummy and I cannot wait to try out her tutorial for printing onto elastic.  She launched her first pattern for the Fancy Pants Leggings recently and if I was to dig deep to find a criticism of Laura, it's that she hasn't made them in large enough sizes for my kids. Or me.


Here's a sneaky peak of the VERY FIRST thing Laura has even sewn for herself!  Click on through to heap praise on her.




1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for inviting me on the tour Amanda! I love my dress, even if it did mean I had to come out of hiding.

    In other news - I am working on sizing up the FPLs to age 10 at the moment and have also had several requests for women's sizes so maybe that will happen eventually too!

    ReplyDelete